Recorded live in a living room in Ypsilanti, MI in December of 2011.
Recording by James Dake. jamesdake.bandcamp.com
winter/sessions presents re:/sessions. Our live living room album recorded by our dear friend, James Dake. Void of rehearsal, void of a player yet supplied with a blown out drum (please forgive), under the jubilation of fine beer and finer friends, I feel brave enough to say it was the first time in 6 years we once again found music (I mean this spiritually, ha) and ourselves. I love these songs because it represents us perfectly, the laughing, the absurdity, the moments of clarity and sadness surrounded by 12 year old humor. In all of our failures with money, women, respectability, we have succeeded in brotherhood, in heart.
1. Woman Needs a Man - Biggest reason most of us are single
2. The Lamb, The Tyger - Most use of the word "hair"
3. Vulpes, Vulpes - Best country rock riff and Latin animal name use
4. Foggy is Pastroal Frolicking - Most committed to failed drumming
5. Nickless St. Breakdown - Worst reprisal of a known song
6. Hollyood, CA - Laziest repeating of four chords
7. The Age of Barns - Best song
8. #261 - Best use of blown out 1920's bass drum
9. Thick Wool Sweater - Funniest improv lyrical moment
10. Why in God's Name - Worst/Best attempt at a rock song
11. Goodbye, California - Best use of Gaye Mode
12. Chicago, Windy - Lamest attempt at seducing a past love
13. North Jam - Worst acknowledgment of "Time to wrap it up"
14. Flagstaff, AZ - Best anti-smoking and drinking song
15. Placerville, CA - Best use of original lineup
16. Chili Dogs - Best/Worst thing ever made by humans"